Skip to main content

I'm a sewist!

I've been taking Sew Liberated's series of Learn to Sew courses, and I've been busy!! 

Sewing makes me feel... complete. Like, even though so far I can only make four things (a top, bottoms, a skirt, and a dress), I now possess the skills to make an entire outfit. (I mean, YES, I could've knit myself pants or a skirt or a dress, but I'm not that much a fan of knit bottoms.)

I love that sewing is a lot faster than knitting, so it really is great for my instant-gratification needs--things go from "materials" to "ready to wear" SO quickly! And I'm learning a lot about garment construction, fabric, and how to make alterations for myself, both before and after sewing.

Moreover, as I said in a previous post, sewing and knitting give me a sense of peace. When I'm working on projects, I'm not scrolling on social media. I might listen to podcasts or audiobooks, but I'm not otherwise putting myself in a position to feel aggravated, stressed out, or despondent. (Well, until I have to fix a big mistake, at least.) 

So yeah, I've been busy. Here's a quick photo dump of everything I've finished lately. (All sewing patterns are from Sew Liberated.)

My first pair of Nocturne pants, which were entirely the wrong size, and now belong to my 6'5" husband:

My second attempt, which were MUCH better fitting:

Gypsum Skirt (View B):

A Nocturne top, made from an old bedsheet!

And now because I can, a matching Nocturne pajama set:

Metamorphic Dress, which is the first pattern I ever saw from Sew Liberated and that I've wanted to sew for YEARS:

Here are a couple knitting projects I've finished as well:

The aforementioned Bean and Olive Grown Up sweater by Andrea Mowry



The Gr8 Gingham Raglan by Jessie Maed Designs

So yeah, I've been a busy crafter!!! It's what brings me peace, and we could all use a little more of that these days.