Skip to main content

FO: Forest & Frill

Took me long enough - Here is Tiny Owl Knits' Forest & Frill cardigan!

I used Knit Picks Decadence (now discontinued), which is alpaca, my favorite. Double-stranded for the "body," single-stranded for the crochet trim. Made some mods: CO 114 sts for the longer sleeves, knitted about 13 inches of the rectangle before I wanted to rip my eyes out with my cable needle, and then seamed along the sleeves rather the body - so really, it's more like a shrug than a cardigan. I did five rounds of the crochet lace trim around the body (and none for the sleeves), leaving it more open because I'm 15 weeks pregnant right now, and all parts of me will be getting bigger.

The yarn is VERY cozy and warm, perfect for a chilly spring or fall. And obviously very soft - I totally love this.

It shouldn't have taken me so long, considering how it took me about two weeks to get the first 10 inches done. Then it sat around for ages before I finally got to 13, and then it sat around for ages longer until I finally finished the crochet this morning. (This is like, a pattern with me lately. Everything sits around for about 3 times as long as it takes everyone else on Ravelry to finish it.) This was supposed to be a quick project, except that I forgot how cables make everything about 5x slower (for me, at least), and I was also kicking myself for casting on for such a wide rectangle. (But then that came in handy because it gave me an alternate way to seam it together, so, not bad.)

I'm fairly pleased! I still have over 3 skeins of this yarn left, so I need to find something else cozy to make with it.