Skip to main content

Down for the count

I'm sick. I have a cold and a sore throat, which sounds fairly harmless, except that colds and sore throats make me loopy. I'm in a total haze (and I'm not even medicated). I cannot wrap my head around anything that needs to be done right now - grading, updating my book with new students, planning ahead, none of it. If it were acceptable to do so, I would put my head down on my desk and nap while my kids are watching their movie.

I've been exhausted and stressed out lately (lack of sleep, lots of work), which I would guess weakens my immune system, and everyone knows that school is a germ fest. So now I'm sick and muddled and I can't take a day off because I really do have to be here to teach things - I can't even begin to formulate something a sub can do.