Skip to main content

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS, MY FRIEND!!!!

I can't believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember watching the 2002 World Series in Portland with Jimmy, who'd driven up to be with me. We were just kids then, watching it on my friends' tv in our on-campus apartments. I wasn't really a baseball fan at the time, but Jimmy was teaching me all about it, and I was crushed when we lost. I remember wondering if we would ever see the Giants in the World Series ever again. We were not yet 20.

I remember the heartbreaking end to the 2004 season, the first season I'd truly followed the Giants, not realizing that that year would be the first of 6 years that the Giants wouldn't even make the post-season. Jimmy and I were so stunned, we couldn't even talk.

Now, we are 27, and we have a baby. And the three of us watched this post-season together. Even Jolie cheered with us. Right before Brian Wilson threw the last pitch to get the final out of the game tonight, Jolie portentously pulled herself off the floor, raised her hands high and yelled "EHHHHHHHH!" And I had to say, "Shh, Jolie, not yet! Not yet!" And then of course we all cheered together. What a moment to share!!!

Call it destiny. Call it "particles." Call it torture. It was fantastic. Congratulations, Giants!!!!!

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2010!!