Skip to main content

Paleo check-in

Day 15 on the Paleo diet

Starting weight: 203.5
Today's weight: 194.4
Pounds lost: 9.1
Number of workouts this week: 1 derby practice and a 10k yesterday


Lost a little less this week, but that usually happens on a diet - lose a lot at first, and then your body evens out. Still, losing is better than gaining :) 


Definitely feeling great, and I think my body looks different too. I'm down a notch in my belt (and could even cinch it two notches tighter if I wanted to, but I don't like feeling too constricted). 


Had my first and only non-self-cooked meal the other night - went to CPK with my parents. Didn't order pizza, of course - I ordered the field greens salad: field greens, grilled shrimp (no butter), bosc pairs, hold the candied walnuts, dijon balsamic vinaigrette (the only questionable item, since I didn't know what was in it - in hindsight, I should've gotten it on the side or not at all). My mouth was itchy and swelling within half an hour after! Who knows what caused it? I still blame the dressing.


This weekend I made the most FABULOUS carnitas. It was seriously awesome. We finished it before the end of the weekend.


I have to say, I THOUGHT I was a "food lover" before, when I was eating anything and everything, but now I feel like I have a much deeper appreciation for food and cooking, now that my tastebuds aren't drowned in sugar and salt all the time and I'm discovering new flavors and recipes!