Skip to main content

Another year

Tomorrow is the first day of my 8th year as a teacher, and I can't believe how time has flown by - not just the fact that summer was over in the blink of an eye, but also the fact that I've been doing this for EIGHT YEARS. It's unbelievable.

New for this year - my quote wall of books I'm obsessed with

Where DID my summer go? What did I do with my time off?
- I started and finished 13 knit/crochet projects.
- I read 12 new books, and reread a few old ones.
- I RETURNED TO ROLLER DERBY.
- I kinda half-heartedly trained for my marathon (that is coming up this weekend. Yikes.)
- I watched countless Youtube videos.
- I rewatched Seasons 1-3 of Battlestar Galactica, and all the episodes of Sherlock except the last one.
- I went to Disneyland.
- I took Jolie on a handful of playdates.

What are my goals for this next school year?
- I need to up my game. We are transitioning to new content standards, and I need to be doing SO much more.
- I want to get back on track with Paleo. I don't talk about it much anymore (because people are so damn hostile in regards to Paleo), but all I will say is that it is the optimal diet for MY body, and I need to get back to it. You know, once I learn how to fight my cupcake cravings.
- After my marathon this weekend, I've got two more HMs and another full in December. And I plan to ROCK that one because it's the weekend of my 31st birthday.
- ... While at the same time busting my ass to make the PRG all-star roster on a regular basis.

NO PRESSURE WHATSOEVER.