Skip to main content

Quick recap: Heart to Start 10k in Hillsboro, OR

This isn't going to be much of a recap, because I'm on vacation visiting family, but I managed to squeeze in a 10k - the Heart to Start 10k (part of the Heart Breaker Half run) in Hillsboro.

When I was looking ahead at this weekend, I knew I'd be out of town and I didn't want to just skip a 6-miler (or have to map out my own route in an unfamiliar area), so I decided the best thing to do would be to find a race - and luckily, there was one exactly the distance I needed, in the town where I was staying. Perfect.

Of course, the only NOT perfect thing was that I've been sidelined for the last two weeks with a bad cold/sore throat, so I haven't run at all. So this was really a difficult run because they were country roads with rolling hills - I might've done a better job if I were in shape, but such as it is, it was a difficult one. Luckily, one of my friends whom I haven't seen from college came out to run with me, so I had good company for the whole thing :)

The race started/ended at Liberty High School in Hillsboro, which is probably the nicest high school I've ever seen. Holy wow, the facilities! Can someone get me a job there, please, so I can fulfill my dream of moving up here to the Portland area finally? Okay thanks!

Official time: 1:29:05. Definitely slow, but hey, it was a BEAUTIFUL course, and I had a good time. I'm not sorry, even if it was difficult for me. Time to get back on track now, as soon as this cough gets better.

(Everyone got the same medal, regardless of distance)
Next on deck: the AVAC Super Sprint Tri at the end of the month. I'm stoked, but I haven't had a single chance to get to a pool so far. Hopefully I can go this coming weekend, if the weather's nice.