Skip to main content

Training updates

I've decided to switch to the half marathon for Vancouver USA, and to drop the Portland Marathon entirely. I think it's a telling sign that I feel more relief than grief about it. I don't think I'm in the right headspace to be training for a full right now (let alone three in a period of six months), and this training cycle has been fraught with interruptions and frustration ever since it started. I'm going to take some time to do a few half marathons for fun, start over with the Zombies, Run! app, and maybe even gradually wean myself off intervals a little bit. And then in August, I will start training for CIM with a different training plan (because using the same one for the last three years has gotten monotonous), and hopefully... I will finally finish marathon #4.

Thanks for following my saga. You can now all let out that collective breath I'm sure you've been holding