Skip to main content

Grateful

Tomorrow will be busy with lots of cooking, so I am taking a minute right now to reflect upon the good in my life.

It's been quite the year of ups and downs. Did I know, when I wrote my Thanksgiving post last year, that I would end up working in a yarn store, getting to share something I love to do with other people? Did I know that I would finally succeed in getting pregnant, after almost a year of failures that broke my heart every time, only to experience one of the biggest heartbreaks I've ever had to experience? Did I know that losing that pregnancy would open a door that led me back to teaching in a completely new way, that I think I actually really love and want to stick with?

I am grateful to be alive. Bottom line. At the VERY least, I am grateful for that, because if things had gone differently, if I had waited any longer to look into my symptoms or book an ultrasound appointment or whatever... I might not be right now.

#squad
I am grateful to be working, and not just to have a job, but to have one that I love, that I feel passionate about, that I feel fulfilled by. At this time last year, I was hoping against hope that I would be able to find some other path besides teaching, but I am LOVING what I'm doing right now. I love that the Fates have brought me here.

I am grateful that no matter where I go or what I do, I manage to find the most amazing people to be my friends. This year brought me new people to love, adding to the already-large squad of lovely people who hold space in my heart.

And I am so very grateful for the people who have been with me all along, some of you for decades. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I'm so lucky to love you.

So yeah, I am grateful not just merely to be alive, but to be living this remarkable life. Is it perfect? Of course not. But I have life. I have love. What more can I ask for, really?

Wishing you and yours a happy Thanksgiving,

Thu