Skip to main content

Fitness Friday: Without sleep, things don't work

This isn't going to be much of a post, because I haven't not trained this week, but I did want to impart my take-away to you: 

Prioritize sleep.

Wellness isn't just a fancy spa mask and a yoga class. Those are nice, but they're still doing something, and sometimes what you need is to not do anything. 

I haven't trained this week because I've been dealing with some major insomnia, and my personal rule has always been that if I didn't sleep enough (under 6 hours) or sleep well, then I wouldn't allow myself to work out. Of course, in a week like this, it means that I have gone several days without training or anything, but as they say, you can't pour from an empty cup. And this up is DRY, my friends.

But just so I'm not leaving things on a sad note, I do want to share that I bought myself a new pair of running shoes, and I'm planning to get (very slowly) back into running. It may be weeks, even months, before I actually start doing more than a brisk walk, but I am excited in a way I haven't been in a while. Maybe I will stage a 5k for myself and run it :)

But first, SLEEP.