Skip to main content

Get off your butt and get moving!!!!

“Me thinks that the moment my legs begin to move, my thoughts begin to flow.” - Henry David Thoreau

“Bid me run, and I will strive with things impossible.” - William Shakespeare, Julius Caesar

“If you run, you are a runner. It doesn’t matter how fast or how far. It doesn’t matter if today is your first day or if you’ve been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.” - John Bingham

“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.” - John Bingham

“Running won’t kill you….you’ll pass out first.” (uncredited)


“Running is a big question mark that’s there each and every day. It asks you, ‘Are you going to be a wimp or are you going to be strong today?’ ” - Peter Maher

“The world is run by those who show up.” (uncredited)

“If you quit running, nobody cares, but you’ll always know.” (uncredited)

“You may run slow, but you are running faster than someone on the couch.” (uncredited)

“Quit? You know, I was thinking about quitting when I was diagnosed with brain, lung, and testicular cancer all at the same time, but with the love and support of my friends and family, I got back on the bike and won the Tour de France five times in a row. But I’m sure you have a good reason to quit.” - Lance Armstrong

“People can’t understand why a man runs. They don’t see any sport in it. Argue it lacks the sight and thrill of body contact. Yet, the conflict is there, more raw and challenging than any man versus man competition. For in running it is man against himself, the cruelest of opponents. The other runners are not the real enemies. His adversary lies within him, in his ability, with brain and heart to master himself and his emotions.” - Glen Cunningham; 2-time Olympian

(Okay, now off to go running!!!!!!!!!)