Skip to main content

I would give you some violets, but they withered all when my father died

I apologize for neglecting you all so long - it's been a busy couple of months!

But what better way to resurrect (haha!) my blog than with some good ol' Halloween fun... allow me to present Ophelia, dead:

He is dead and gone, lady,
He is dead and gone;
At his head a grass-green turf,
At his heels a stone.

Ophelia, from Shakespeare's Hamlet, drowns towards the end of the play, possibly as an act of suicide after the man she loves rejects her and (unrelated to that) kills her father.

I used a makeup kit from the Halloween store to do most of the look - I did set my face makeup with UD's Razor powder, and I used a couple eyeshadows on my lips (Kiddie Pool and Revolver). I also put on some MAC Zoom Lash mascara haphazardly (after I took the above photo) and then sprayed my face with UD's All-Nighter setting spray, just to make the mascara smear a little. I also put TONS of gel in my hair to give it that wet look, without actually, you know, giving myself a cold.

If I have a more updated photo, I'll post it later :)