Skip to main content

Finally went running!

So, I'm tackling the Couch to 10k program. Why that one and not the Couch to 5k program? Because it'll take longer to do C25k and then another program afterwards to get to 10k. I'd rather do it all in one fell swoop. I figure, I'm pretty much starting from "couch" anyway.

So looking at the running plan, I decided to skip the first two weeks. I've never NOT been able to run a full minute repeatedly, even after a long layoff, so I felt it would be a bit redundant. So I'm starting with Week 3, Day 1. It's not too bad, only when I tried to post my workout to my various sites afterwards, the app froze on me. FAIL! I had to delete the app and then re-sync it, which erased my workout. But hey, I know I did it!

So it felt good. The workouts in C210k are longer than the ones in C25k (because obviously, you're training for twice as much distance), and as always I enjoy my alone time. I think that as long as I continue to run, and not allow myself to make excuses to skip workouts, this should proceed along swimmingly.

I also registered for a 10k, to help me cross an item off my 30 Things list. I'll be participating in the Go Green St. Patrick's race, in late March! It's in Los Gatos, which is pretty familiar territory for me because of all my time spent there training. (Attempting to train. Ahem.) So, I'm pretty excited.