Skip to main content

Poetica part 1

My in-laws, knowing me quite well, gave me a Sephora gift card for Christmas, so one of the items I bought with that gift card was Kat Von D's Poetica palette:



I decided to use the left four shades in the palette, the oranges. It's kind of an intense, smoky look:


- UDPP Original
- Chandler all over the lid
- Tijuana in lightly on the outer third, heavily in the crease, and wrapped around the outer corner to the lower lash line
- Sand Timer to blend out the crease
- Forgiveness as a highlight on the browbone
- Puro Amor Black Autograph Eyeliner (included in the palette) along the upper lash line and the lower lash line
- Hourglass Film Noir mascara (my SIL also gave me Sephora's latest Lash Stash =P)

The palette came with a tiny sample of KVD's High Voltage Eye Primer, but I haven't tried it yet.

So far, I really like this palette - the shadows have a nice, smooth texture and they're nicely pigmented (except for maybe Sand Timer, but it's kind of a pale taupe, so maybe it just blends in with my skin). KVD's shadows can be hit and miss (I have the Kimberly Art of Elysium shadow quad, which is meh), so I'm pleased that this one so far is great. It's packaged in a sturdy metal case with gorgeous artwork, and comes with an eyeliner (as stated above), which is a great improvement on her previous palettes, which were in plastic and came with tiny unusable brushes. I can't wait to try out the other four shadows, the purples. I love purples :)