Skip to main content

More reds

It's been a while since I did a red lips post, and I've amassed some new ones since then. Here's what I have currently (and I totally have more on the way - Morgana Cryptoria!!!). I didn't test any of these for wear and longevity - I just wanted to show how they look on me.

Urban Decay's Super-Saturated High Gloss pencil in F-Bomb
I LOVE this. It's lightweight, soft, not too shiny. The pencil format makes it easy to maneuver. This shade of red fits its name perfectly.

Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple
Apparently these are the hot drugstore item right now, and I totally understand why - they're glossy, moisturizing, and named after sweet treats :) This one is sheer and (I thought) a little more on the orangey side, but just a teensy bit. It's like a super-pigmented lip balm.

Cover Girl Lip Perfection lipstick - Hot Passion
It's a nice, bright red. The formula is nice and smooth, and it's quite pigmented; however, I wasn't a fan of the scent. It's something I could live with, but it's not the nicest smelling lipstick I've ever worn.

Cover Girl Lip Perfection lipstick - Everlasting
This one's a little darker than Hot Passion, and has a metallic shimmer to it, which I felt really emphasized the lines in my lips :( It's a lovely color though - I would probably just need to super-moisturize my lips and, like, NOT try on three other lipsticks prior to putting this one on.

MAC Pro Longwear - Extended Play
Slightly on the brown side, this one applied nicely - felt nice and slick. This one is supposed to be long-lasting, but I haven't had a chance to test that yet.

OCC Lip Tar - Strutter
This is a discontinued color from OCC, so I had to order it from Suite 7 Beauty. Everything they tell you about OCC lip tar is true - it is SUPER pigmented, it takes just a TINY amount to cover almost all of your mouth, and it feels GREAT on. Strutter is a lovely shade, and I'm glad I was able to find it.

OCC Lip Tar - Vintage
More of a burgundy than a red, Vintage was purchased specifically to mix with other lip tars, but I couldn't resist trying out the color by itself anyway :) The photo isn't quite accurate - it looks brownish here, but IRL it's really dark and vampy. (Can you tell my lips were getting tired of trying on lipstick?)