Skip to main content

Rave: my Ipsy bag for January 2014

I don't usually feel the need to gush about my Ipsy bags, but for some odd reason, I am really happy with this one. (It's odd because the sneak peeks were nothing exciting to me, and meanwhile, there've been sneak peeks that I've been thrilled about, but then the bag was just kinda meh.)


I think it's because I can actually see myself using all of this. Past bags have had one or two really choice products and the rest were like, "What do I even do with this? I don't use hair oil." But I actually like everything:


First of all, cute bag. I have NOT loved all their bags - some of them were boring, some gaudy, some kinda low-quality. This one is nice and sturdy, and I love the toiletries on it.


Mica Beauty Tinted Lip Balm in #6 Fiesta
I know Ipsy really likes Mica Beauty - I feel like I've received a lot of their stuff already. And yeah, gel liner is cool (but I don't really use it). But who can't use another lip balm, right? This one is reeeeaaalllllly pigmented, and I really like this shade of pink! I feel like I'm on a neverending quest for pink lipwear that actually works with my skin tone, and this one seems to. Kudos to the Ipsy people who chose this color for me.


Elizabeth Mott Smooth Shadow eye pencil in Pearl
For the most part, I stick to Urban Decay eyeliner, but UD doesn't really have this color. It looks paler in the photo than in person - it's really quite peachy. And I like this because I've been meaning to get an eye pencil in this color to use as a base for the lighter Naked 3 colors. It's smooth, pigmented, and very shimmery. Kudos again, Ipsy, for sending me a shade I've been meaning to buy.


Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask
What are you guys, psychic or something? I was thinking about getting a deep conditioning treatment for my hair, just for once a week or something like that. And now I have one.


Proactiv Mark Fading Pads
I got four of these, and that's pretty cool. I do actually have a lot of acne scars on my face, mostly around my chin, because that's where I break out every month.


Nourish Organic Face Lotion
Finally, I have been playing around recently with my moisturizing routine, and switching between a few different products just to see which one I like best for the winter. This one is probably lighter than I want for winter, but I like it a lot. If anything, this'll make a great travel moisturizer.

Great stuff in this bag! I'm not even upset that I didn't get the small-sized BeneFit POREfessional.