Skip to main content

Whole30, day 14

http://www.whole30.com
It's been two weeks! And I'm still holding strong. You know that idiotic saying, "Nothing tastes as good as being thing feels"? Well, for me, it's "Nothing tastes as good as feeling good feels." (Although... macarons.)

I ran a 5k this Sunday, and though it was hard, it was the best I had felt in a long time. I haven't had nearly as many stomachaches (like, 90% fewer, and I'm guessing it's only because my body had detoxing to do), and I'm much more well-rested. As I've said before, sleeping enough is a big goal of mine this time around, and it's making a difference because I could not for the life of me get up at 5am to run before now. (Though, what helps is that it's getting warmer and lighter earlier in the morning. Winter is hard for morning runs.) And yes, I do feel like I'm losing bodyfat. I haven't weighed myself, but my clothes feel the slightest bit looser.

Things I made this week:
- Slow cooker chicken with apple and sweet potato
- Bacon Bison Chili
- Egg/prosciutto rollups (I have a real prosciutto problem)

I also just did things like grill chicken and roast or saute vegetables, since sometimes, you just don't have the brainpower to deal with recipes.

In addition, I also discovered:
- Numi Chocolate Pu-erh Tea - smells HEAVENLY, and tastes great as an iced latte (using almond milk)
- Tessemae's dressings/marinades/sauces - Whole30-friendly ketchup and barbecue sauce??? (And other things!) I'm very loath to make my own dressings, so... this is a godsend. (I like the Steve's Paleogoods ones too, but they're not Whole30.)

Things I would like to find:
- a sulfite/sulfate/whatever-free balsamic vinegar. Does this actually exist? If you can think of one, let me know.
- almond milk that is purely almond milk, without preservatives. (Like, other than making my own.)