Skip to main content

Goals and stuff

A 30 Before 30 item in the works
So, my 30 Things Before I'm 30 list has been on my mind a lot lately, primarily because my birthday is almost exactly three months away, and I've still got a fair number of things to get done.

I've also been thinking a lot about my goals for AFTER I'm 30 (and have finished the list, hopefully). And I've come to the conclusion that I don't want to do a 40 Before 40 list. In the two years since I started my 30 list, my goals and wishes have changed so much, and at times, I haven't even been able to come up with 30 things that I've always wanted to do. To be honest, many of the things that are left on my list are things that I'm not so excited to do anymore, but I needed to fill the spaces. (I seriously sat there for an hour and could not come up with new goals to replace them, especially with three months left on the clock.) Even with ten years to work with, how could I come up with 40 things I want to do?

So I'm thinking I'll take it a year at a time. Maybe I'll have a bucket list as well, but definitely let's do goals a year at a time. Kind of like New Year's Resolutions, but FUNNER.

So I am thinking that for 2013, I'm going to focus on running as a goal, and that I'm going to do 13 13's in '13! Come on, it's the perfect year for something like that! 13 half-marathons in 2013. And I'm even registered for two already.

Track my progress HERE, yo.