Skip to main content

Makeup with friends!

My good friend and teammate Kelly (aka Blisterine) asked me to "make her pretty," so we took a day to hit up Sephora so I could help her build up her makeup kit and add some color to her eye shadow collection, as well as show her how to use it all.

As you can see by our photo, the day was a success! One of her priorities for today was getting a good face regimen, and having read this post, Kelly was eager to give Naked Skin a try and was able to find her perfect shade (Shade 0.5). At my recommendation, she also got BeneFit Boi-ing and UD's Razor Sharp Ultra Definition powder (what can I say? It's a tried-and-true for me =P), as well as this spectacular palette from bareMinerals READY, that I'm now considering getting myself because the colors and quality are just gorgeous and awesome. I have a bareMinerals READY quad already that I love (Dream Sequence), and this one is awesome too.

In the photo above, as part of our makeup lesson, I talked Kelly through a lovely bright pink eye look using her new palette:
- Couture on the inner half of the lid
- Statement on the outer half
- Silhouette on the browbone and tear duct/inner corners
- Ensemble in the crease and used dry as eye liner around the eye, with Urban Decay Virgin to blend out the crease

and then also talked her through the face makeup part too. And she was pleased! Yay! Mission accomplished!

I picked up a full-sized bottle of UD's De-Slick spray, because I've nearly used up my small travel size,  but the really interesting thing was the 100-point Beauty Insider reward I picked up:


It's a teeny-sized MUFE Rouge Artist Natural lipstick in shade N45. And it's BEAUTIFUL. I don't usually spend my rewards points, but when I saw this, I was like, it's MUFE and it's red! I have to have it! I've never tried MUFE's lipsticks before, so I figured it would be a lovely treat :)

N45 is a bright cherry red, but on me, it pretty much looks hot pink. To me it's even more pink than red:


The formula is soft, moisturizing, and shiny, and it took a few passes to achieve that color you see above. I can't imagine it lasting very long (because it's so glossy), but there was still a stain left after I wiped it off.

And what did I wear? I decided to go vibrant purple today:

Eyes:
- UDPP original
- NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Oyster as a base
- From UD's 15th Anniversary palette: Omen all over the lid, on top of Oyster; Junkshow in the crease
- Naked to blend it out
- UD eye pencil in Rockstar along the upper lash line and Psychedelic Sister along the lower lash line
- Tarte's Lights! Camera! Lashes! mascara

with my normal face makeup, my Tarte blush, and UD's Pocket Rocket lipgloss in Doug.