Skip to main content

Month of Blog, Day 12: Something you are OCD about

First off... I'm not okay with the casual throwing-around of terms like "OCD" and "bipolar" and joking around about cutting. These are real and serious disorders, and it's not cool to make light of what these people are going through.

Okay, that said... something I am very finicky and particular about? I'm pretty meticulous about how I organize my music on my computer. The band names have to be the same (no "Rolling Stones" and "The Rolling Stones" - it's one or the other), the album artwork has to be there, etc, etc. Songs that aren't accompanied by the rest of the album need to have the album name removed from the tags... yeah, my iTunes library is very carefully labeled and organized. For one thing, it keeps me from having duplicate mp3s, and it makes scrolling through my iPod a lot easier. (I don't end up with "Smiths" and "The Smiths" and "Smiths, The" and so on and so forth.) My taste in music is something that I'm very proud of, so I like to keep it neat and tidy. Too bad I'm not that way about, oh, everything else in my life.