Skip to main content

Cold Heart

So, let it be known... that I've pretty much become obsessed with Sugarpill Cosmetics.

They are an indie brand based out of Oakland (creator Amy wrote to me that she is originally from Milpitas too!) and have bright, beautiful colors. (As much as I LOVE my Naked Palette, I cannot live without color!!)

One of the things I ordered from Sugarpill is the Cold Heart palette - an eyeshadow quad consisting Poison Plum (purple), Bulletproof (black), Tako (white), and Afterparty (slightly turquoise-y blue), all also available separately as singles. I chose this one because they are the colors I'm most likely to wear. (Their Burning Heart palette is red, orange, yellow, and purple - gorgeous, but when do I ever wear those other three colors?)


But, even despite the fact that I wear these colors the most, they are still bright, and I can see how they might be difficult to wear every day. Most of the Sugarpill tutorials I've found are either far too artistic for normal wear, or they barely use Sugarpill at all (or it's really "hidden" among a bunch of other shadows). I wanted something suited to me, and I wanted to incorporate as much of this palette as possible.

As you can see, it's still bright, but it's not weird or too artistic to wear on a normal day. If you generally wear neutrals, though, this will be a little outside your comfort zone.

- UD Primer Potion in Original
- Tako on the inner half of the lid
- Afterparty on the outer half of the lid, overlapping the two colors a bit
- Bulletproof in the crease
- UD eye pencil in Zero along upper lash line
- Poison Plum (very thin line) along the lower lash line
- Tarte's Lights! Camera! Lashes! mascara