Skip to main content

Loud! Bold! and... work appropriate?

As a result of a conversation I was having with some people in the Painted Ladies group on Ravelry, I've been tasked with figuring out how to make Urban Decay's eye pencil in Electric, a loud, bold, electric blue, wearable for everyday use, especially for work. I think that with a color that bright (and this particular pencil is very pigmented, too), it needs to be balanced out with strong neutrals (is that an oxymoron?), so this is what I came up with today, that I am wearing to work. (Keep in mind that I'm also allowed to wear jeans and flip flops and show my tattoos at work, so your mileage may vary =P)


All products by Urban Decay:
- Primer Potion in Original
- E/S in Smog all over the lid and slightly above the crease
- Matte E/S in Foxy to blend the line and to highlight on the brow bone
- Matte E/S in Perversion in the crease (I used a smudge brush to apply a thin line, and a crease brush to blend)
- Eye pencil in Electric applied in a thin but very strong line (almost opaque) along the upper lash line; applied with a very light hand along the lower lash line
- Supercurl curling mascara on the upper lashes

It's still not a mellow look, but it doesn't look like I'm going clubbing either. Here it is, not so up close:

(Sorry about the wet hair!)

 So, you can see from further away, it's just the slightest pop of color.