Skip to main content

30 Things Before I'm 30 - updated

Call it cheating if you want to - I decided to go through my list and re-evaluate some of the goals I'd chosen. It's been 5 months since I initially made the list, and I think that some of the goals have become irrelevant to me, while new goals have popped up and gained importance (and therefore, deserve to be on the list). And some of the goals are just darn unrealistic, and I don't want to set myself up to fail. So, I've changed a few and replaced a few:

1. Edit and submit my Austen thesis for publication in JASNA's journal
2. Have another baby (or at least be en route to having it)
3. Pass the WFTDA minimum skills test
4. Compete in SOME official derby competition (scrimmage, bout, Red Red Holiday, etc)
5. Knit socks
6. Learn steeking - Started!
7. Watch at least 5 Hitchcock movies that I haven't already seen
8. Read Austen's works that I haven't already read: Emma, Mansfield Park, and Sense and Sensibility
9. Attend Rollercon in Las Vegas - Registered! Hotel booked! Flights booked! 7/27/11-7/31/11
10. Attend a Giants game in another stadium (other than Oakland), preferably out of state
11. Go on a wine-tasting trip to learn how to appreciate wine
12. Take a photography class and actually have the skills to justify owning a DSLR
13. Knit or crochet a toy for Jolie
14. Attend the Dickens Fair
15. Get a Jolie-inspired tattoo
16. Find a beer that I actually like
17. Read at least 5 Shakespeare plays that I haven't already read
18. Knit a lace shawl - Started!
19. Bake a cake from scratch
20. Learn how to make really good guacamole - Completed 2/20/11
21. Run a full mile in 10 minutes or less
22. Run a 5k - Registered! 6/5/11
23. Run a 10k - Registered! 7/10/11
24. (Mostly) Run a half-marathon
25. Complete a full marathon (not necessarily running) - Registered! 10/16/11
26. Get a tattoo to commemorate completing a marathon
27. Run an away race, preferably out of state - Registered! 5/20/12
28. Participate in the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon's Heavy Medal Series (run 2 or more RNR races in a calendar year) - Registered for 1 (5/20/12)
29. Knit a sweater for my dad
30. Watch at least 5 Kurosawa movies that I haven't already seen