Skip to main content

An Ode to Dragonfly

This color is magic. I'd always wanted to try Dragonfly, and once it was finally restocked, I JUMPED on it, having heard so many great things. And I was NOT disappointed.


In the jar, so innocuous. A reddish brown. 

But on the eyes?


On top of the NYX Taupe I was wearing today, it's a beautiful brown shimmer with a metallic touch. Simply gorgeous. The iridescent duochrome finish DOES look exactly like the skin of a dragonfly's wings.



On top of dark colors? (In this case, UD's Barracuda and Black Dog eyeshadows from the Black Palette.) SO amazing! It's like it becomes a different color.

I know of one other color that looks like this - Urban Decay's Lounge. But Lounge is much redder than Dragonfly, and doesn't have as much iridescence:

There is actually another color, but it is almost a dupe for Lounge - it is one of the Definer colors from Wet 'n' Wild's Comfort Zone 8-Color palette.

Dragonfly is a lovely, lovely color, and I absolutely recommend snapping one up (especially since Sweet Libertine often has generous impromptu sales!) It's a wonderful, special color to have in your collection.