Skip to main content

Radium - an old friend in two flavors

Back when I was first starting to get REALLY into makeup, in high school, Urban Decay was my favorite brand even then, and one of my FAVORITE items was UD's liquid liner in Radium, this gorgeously bright blue that really does look like a tube of radioactivity.

It's been ten years now, and I've finally repurchased it. And I still love it all the same!!! It's a pretty intense color, so I tried to find the best way to wear it without looking too weird... and then I decided to try and do something REALLY out there, just to celebrate the color.

So here is the mild, everyday-safe selection:

- BeneFit Creaseless Cream shadow/liner in Birthday Suit, all over the lid
- UD liquid liner in Radium along the upper lash line
- UD Supercurl mascara

The color is so much brighter than in the photo (my lights are rather yellowy), that not much more is needed than that.

And here's your intense selection (and of course I had to break out the Sugarpill for that!):

- UDPP Original
- Sugarpill Chromalust in Lumi all over the lid
- Sugarpill Chromalust in Royal Sugar in the crease (and use Lumi to blend the line)
- UD liquid liner in Radium along the upper lash line, applied normally; then apply to lower lash line and smudge, and then top with UD eye pencil in Dime
- Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash mascara

If I had some crazy blue false eyelashes, I'd wear those too. You know, the freaky huge feathery ones.