Skip to main content

Spirit Week: Animal Day!

As a class advisor, I try to participate in Spirit Week dress-up days as best I can. Some days, like Pajama Day, are easy enough. Today is Animal Day, and seeing as how I own no clothing with animal print (except a pair of shoes), nor any clothing with pictures of animals (except my Lucy tshirt that has goldfish on it that says "Carpe Diem"), so I had to figure something out. So, inspired by a tshirt and earrings I found at Target, I decided to be a butterfly. And inspired one of many tutorials for butterfly makeup that I saw on Youtube (some were just REALLY amazing!), here's my look:



On my face:
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Plus

On my cheeks:
Laura Gellar Blush n Brighten in Sunswept (just a touch!)
UD eyeshadow (yes!) in Sin, on my cheekbones as a highlight (applied with fingers).

On my eyes:
(From UD's Book of Shadows II)
Jinx (a dark blue-teal) blended a little above my crease, on the outer half of my upper lid
Homegrown (a bright green) blended a little above my crease, on the inner half of my upper lid

(From UD's Alice in Wonderland Book of Shadows)
White Rabbit (a glittery white), blended to soften the line and as a highlight
(This color is available separately - it's actually Polyester Bride.)

UD's eye pencil in Gunmetal along my waterline
UD's eye pencil in Zero along my upper lash line, winged out a little at the ends

MUFE's Smoky Lash on my upper and lower lashes, on top of UD's Eyelash Primer Potion

Close-up on the eyes

On my lips:
Bloom's Lip Stain in Wine
BeneFit's The Gloss in Crystal (clear)

That's it! :) Thanks for looking!