Skip to main content

Today's look: Ruthless and Frigid

Fairly simple, low-key. A combination of some of my tried-and-trues, plus a couple new products I'm trying. See below for product information and steps.
For such a simple look, it sure required a lot of products! (Five of which were for my eyes alone.)


On my face: Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Mousse (060 medium)
Applied using my fingers. This is a new one for me. My local CVS is having a Buy One, Get One Free deal on Revlon foundations/powders, so since I've always wanted to try a mousse foundation, I picked this one. (I also got their PhotoReady - more on that another time.)

So, the MakeUp Alley reviews for this were pretty bad, saying that it dries you out and didn't help pores at all. While I don't dispute the pores comments (mine are pretty large anyway, and I'm not wearing a foundation primer), I think my skin feels nice. (I use Philosophy's Miracle in a Jar as my moisturizer.) When I tried it on my face last night, it was pretty dry (but I was sans moisturizer), but this morning, I think I'm good. (I also used a LOT of it.)

Not sure if I will still keep this or not - I do really like the way it feels though. It's nice and airy, and I don't feel like I'm wearing someone else's skin.

On my cheeks: Nars - The Multiple (Orgasm)
I'm never going to be able to type that without laughing. But I do so love this product. Dotted onto my cheekbones directly from the stick, and blended with fingers.

On my lips: Urban Decay - Lipstick (Jailbait)
Yeah, disappeared with my morning bagel.



On my eyes (on top of Urban Decay Primer Potion):
Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Frigid (dark purple) on my lid (keep in mind that my crease is lower than yours) - just a light layer. This was not applied at full intensity.
Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow in Ruthless (shimmery taupe) just above that and into the crease (blend to soften the line of purple!!!)
Prestige Total Intensity Eyeliner in Powerful Purple on my upper lash line*
Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencil in Underground (shimmery light brown) on my lower lash line (not the waterline)
Maybelline's The Colossal mascara (Waterproof) in Glam Black


(FYI - I use Sephora's eyeshadow brushes.)
*This one is also a new one for me. These pencils are a GREAT dupe for UD's eye pencils - at $6 a pop, you can actually afford all of them. But then again, there are only 6 colors.