Skip to main content

Month of Blog, part 2 - Day 26: A song that you can play on an instrument

Well, at the current moment, I can't play ANYTHING on an instrument, as I haven't picked up a bass in years. But, in my heyday, I was very proud of the fact that I could play this song. At the time, the musical climate was such that genres were a very big deal. Back then, you were either a "rapper" or you were a "rocker." (Or you were a teenybopper.) These days, it seems like everyone is into everything. But back when the lines were clearly defined, and back when being an Asian chick bass player wasn't quite a cliche yet, I felt pretty awesome about being a 17 year old groovin' onstage to this song. (Shout out to my brother, who was also in the same band!)



Is anyone thinking what I'M thinking when he says something about giving you his "dark surprise"?