Skip to main content

Month of Blog, part 3: Day 18 - A picture of your favorite place.

Only fitting, since I'm leaving my favorite place to go home today...

I regret not getting a chance to go hang out downtown this time around, but when I come up here, I don't have my own car. As nice as Beaverton is, Portland is really where my heart belongs, because Portland is where I went to college, and college is where I really started figuring out who I am. To me, Portland is Powell's, record stores, Mio Sushi, fareless square, the Crystal Ballroom, Cup and Saucer, cheap parking garages, thrift stores, Regal Fox Tower, and lots of awesome vegan food. (No, I'm not vegan, but I like vegan food.) Portland is where my adult life started, where I learned about activism and strength, and where I would pick up and move IN AN INSTANT if the opportunity presented itself.

I love Portland.