Skip to main content

Month of Blog, part 3: Day 09 - A picture of the person who has gotten you through the most.

I have two:

My best friend Becca, whom I first met before the start of our freshman year of high school - we were all standing around waiting to take the test to get placed into Honors English at Notre Dame. And now, our 10-year high school reunion is quickly approaching. We've been through a lot, good and bad, but I know I can always count on her to give it to me straight. She is warm, caring, sees the good in everyone, and takes care of everyone.

My life partner and baby daddy, Jimmy. We met the summer before our sophomore year of high school - we were both young and cute and eager to spend time together. We've somehow managed to stay together through a lot of distance and turmoil, and somehow we've ended up, over twelve years later, with the most special little girl we could have ever asked for. He is someone who relentlessly refuses to settle for status quo, never just accepts what is fed to him. He is somehow able to be both a rapid thinker and a deep thinker, and I always have trouble keeping up with his thoughts. He is a playful and loving father, and I think that Jolie gets her quirky sense of humor and her perceptiveness from him.