Skip to main content

Month of Blog, part 3: Day 01 - A picture of yourself with ten facts.


1. My birthday is December 7, 1982
2. The seniors I'm currently advising are exactly 10 years younger than me. (I was class of 2001.)
3. I used to play piano, guitar, and bass. (Now I play roller derby.)
4. My favorite author is Jane Austen, and my favorite book is Pride and Prejudice.
5. Though I am widely known among my friends as a knitter, I actually learned to crochet first.
6. I am obsessed with red lipstick. My derby name, Viva Glam, is the name of my favorite red (MAC's Viva Glam I).
7. My running shoes are a men's double-E width. So are my boyfriend's.
8. I have a Master's degree in English literature from UC Irvine. 
9. I named my daughter after a David Bowie song.
10. I have a very real fear of zombies (or zombie-like epidemics spreading through the land). Like, I am absolutely terrified of a zombie apocalypse. The thought keeps me up at night.