Skip to main content

Month of Blog, part 3: Day 02 - A picture of you and the person you are closest with

This is me and Jimmy - at my senior prom TEN YEARS AGO.
(I wish I had appreciated being even a juniors size 13 then, because I would LOVE to be it now.)

And this is us this past Christmas, with Jolie.

We've been together over twelve years, and there is no one who knows me better than he does. We've had our ups and downs, but he is someone that I know I can totally be myself around, and it's the same for him. He is absolutely the person I am closest to, and it has plenty to do with the fact that we've almost spent as many years together as we have apart - we're starting to get to that point. (And Jolie is "close" to me by virtue of the fact that she is half-comprised of my genetic materia and she sprang out of my uterus. That's pretty damn close.) (And also, it's her damn fault that I'm posting this at 5:45 in the morning, on a morning when I don't have to be at school early.)