Skip to main content

Month of Blog, part 2 - Day 2: Your Least Favorite Song

You know, as hard as it was to narrow down my favorite songs, it's even harder to come up with my least favorites. There are LOTS of songs that I will instantly change the station for because I do NOT want to hear them, and usually it's because they get played way too much. But a song that actually is my least favorite? Maybe one that actually pisses me off?

Okay, here's one (and I'm not even going to link to it): Katy Perry's "Ur So Gay." I HATE it because obviously, it's using the word "gay" in a pejorative way, and if you know me, you know that this is something that really grinds my gears. I spend all my time trying to tell my kids not to do that and tell them why it's wrong and derogatory and homophobic, and then you get some pretty pop singer DOING THAT VERY THING. And of course, who are they going to listen to? It makes me want to punch her in the face.

Also, the songwriting is just crap anyway! The chorus goes, "Ur so gay and you don't even like boys / no you don't even like / no you don't even like / no you don't even like / boys." Okay, Katy honey: 1) If he doesn't like boys, then it means HE'S NOT GAY. 2) You couldn't think of any other words, so you just repeated the same line over and over? That's totally stupid.