Skip to main content

Something a little different

I decided to try something new today, makeup-wise - I tried to use as little UD as possible, instead giving some love to my other brands. Specifically, I wanted to give my mineral eyeshadows a try - ages ago, I'd purchased some small sample-sized ones from Everyday Minerals (good quality, very affordable), so I wanted to give them a try:




Face:
- Tarte Clean Slate primer
- UD Surreal Skin mineral foundation - Hallucination
- EM Abbott's Perk Me Up concealer (undereyes)
- Tarte Park Avenue Princess bronzer, applied just under the cheekbones for light contouring (using an angled blush brush)
- EM blush in All Smiles - a sweet matte peachy darker pink - I actually feel like it's got a lot of orange in it (but in a good way)

Lips:
- Tarte Vitamin-Infused Lipgloss in 40 Winks

Eyes:
- UDPP
- EM e/s in Wildflowers all over the lid - a slightly darker matte taupe
- EM e/s in Parasail to blend from the browbone (as a highlight) down into the crease - a pale, pale, matte pink
- EM e/s in Weeping Willow - on outer corner of eyelid, and smudged into the crease - a dark blue-gray
- Tarte emphasEYES inner rim pencil in black on the upper lashline
- UD eye pencil in Stray Dog on the lower lash line
- MAC Zoom Fast Lash mascara



The verdict: loose powder mineral shadows are messy, and it's a little difficult for me to control the amount of product I pick up with my brush. But, all it takes is practice!