Skip to main content

Month of Blog, part 2 - Day 5: A song that reminds you of someone

For today, it's only fit to mention the person who has been the number one musical influence on my life, Jimmy. There are lots of songs that remind me of him, just because he's been absolutely integral to my musical development.

However... I'm not going to talk about Jimmy. For once, I'm going to talk about another very important person in my life - my dog Belle:


As you can see from the photo, Belle is kind of a wonky, silly little creature. She and Semos are mixed breeds: half Croatian sheepdog, a quarter pug, and a quarter boxer. Semos looks more like a Croatian sheepdog (their mother), and Belle I can only assume looks more like their father, whom I've never seen. Being half pug and half boxer, I can only imagine that he's kind of wonky looking. If you look at Belle's face, she's a teensy bit buggy-eyed like a pug, and her muzzle is a bit shorter like that of a boxer (whereas Semos's face is sleeker and less unusual). When Belle's excited, she does this weird howl thing that's really cute, and she sometimes hops like a bunny. She LOVES to kiss, and sometimes you really have to push her out of your face. Belle is also a sucker for a good scratch behind the ears, and if you scratch her and then stop, she'll nudge your hand to scratch her again. She's just... quite unique.

Anyway, as a tribute to Belle's uniqueness, Jimmy and I have designated the following as her theme song:



Because she's our little Gizmo :) No, we don't feed her after midnight.