Skip to main content

Painted Ladies Weekly Challenge #1: Your Favorite Drink

So, my makeup-specific Rav group is going to attempt a weekly eye look based around a theme, and our first theme is "Your Favorite Drink," and this means ANY drink - alcoholic or non, fruity, coffee, even water, whatever you like to drink!

Mine is Orangina. I love that it's light and refreshing, and I love the slight amount of pulp, and I love those round bulbous textured glass bottles.

I am particularly inspired by this piece of Orangina artwork, which I have a postcard of, hanging in my classroom in my corner:


I totally love this style art, and so I set about to make an Orangina-inspired eye makeup look.

Luckily, TODAY, I just received my e.l.f. Studio Endless Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Palette, which is a nifty palette of 100 colors, costing just TEN bucks. (And now you know why it was sold out for SO long!) The large variety of colors and finishes gave me a lot of choices for putting together this look.

So, I decided to go with orange juice-y colors. I really wanted to use a strong blue like the background of the card (and the drink's label), but it just really looked too weird, so I chose a different blue, which I felt would work with the orange and yellow I chose and still represent a fresh drink of something delicious.

Here is the look. (By the way, I apologize for my eyes being so bloodshot. Please understand that I'm writing this at 12:30am - I'm up late because my daughter's sick, and I'm not ready to go to bed yet in case she wakes up coughing and throwing up again, but I'm so, so, sooooo tired. I'm not high, I swear.)






I hope it makes you think "Orangina," but I don't know. (This is my first time! Be gentle!)

Here is what I used for it, in a complete view of the palette. You can see the colors I used, marked with an asterisk. (100 shades - no names to use)



- Step 1: UDPP
- Step 2: apply the pale yellow color (top row, 2nd from left) to inner third of eyes:



- Step 2: Apply orangey color to the middle third of eyelid. (I later went back and expanded a little more.)


- Step 4: Apply the blue-water color to outer third.


- Step 4: Apply the vanilla-y color to browbone as a highlight:



Then apply black liquid liner and mascara (I used Stila's Stay All Day liquid liner pen and Maybelline's The Falsies Black Drama). That's all!